Wanted: A Passionate Disruptor or a Computer Literate Promo Assistant
As you contemplate your future in radio, here are a few questions…
1. Do you want help shape the future of talk radio? — or schedule prize giveaways online?
2. Do you want to cultivate relationships and test new programs? — or Audit a site and notify OCD and PD of wasted content?
3. Do you want to work for a company that values your passion? — or your valid drivers license?
4. Which is more appealing — a) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, EAP, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave or b) all of that, plus a fully stocked kitchen, company-catered lunches every Friday, a foosball table in our break room, and flexible working hours?
I came across the two ads below for online content managers this week and reading them shows the stark difference between terrestrial radio’s approach to digital and those companies looking to disrupt the industry. Clear Channel’s job description makes it sound more like a punishment, while Stitcher’s ad empowers and inspires. Clear Channel positions ‘online’ as part of promotions, while Stitcher sees ‘online’ as content distribution (programming.) The goal here is not to pick on Clear Channel, this is however, representative of how most of terrestrial radio approaches these positions.
Online Content/Promotions Coordinator
Position: Online Content/Promotions Coordinator
Job Category:Web-site/Graphic Design & Promotions
Schedule prizes for on-air and on-line contests
Set up and maintain proper equipment for a live broadcasts and remotes
Assists in the coordination of remote equipment set-up and breakdown
The candidate will be responsible for updating our websites and assist our local program directors and advertising executives.
Physically maintain sites with daily updates
Prepare necessary graphic/files for site
Search and be proactive in the development of content for each website
Enter and update site content
Audit site and notify OCD and PD of wasted/duplicated content
Assists in scheduling ads on site and programs
Stream monitoring for quality, ad placement, etc…
Assist station personnel with maintaining various elements on sites (promotions calendar, personality pages, etc…)
Back up all sites during vacation and absence
Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED
Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Present a positive attitude at events
Qualified candidates should have strong HTML skills, a mastery of Adobe Photoshop, be organized, and a self starter.
The position requires working knowledge of website design, and development.
Working knowledge of Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver and Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, EAP, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
College degree preferred
Stitcher – San Francisco Bay Area
Want to help shape the future of talk radio? Work with both the people, who are creating the content and creating the technology, that’s changing the industry. We’re looking for an exceptional content manager to join the Stitcher team.
The ideal candidate has a knowledge and passion for emerging media. You’ll support and cultivate relationships with content partners from radio, comedy, education, sports, news and more. You will identify opportunities and growth initiatives for partnerships and test and execute new and existing programs.
- Supporting business partnerships with key players in the talk radio/podcast industry.
- Programming new shows and maintaining Stitcher’s stations.
- Working closely with partners to optimize relationships.
- Monitoring and communicating internal & external insights.
- Working closely with the Growth team on structuring and fulfill partnership initiatives.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Required skills & experience:
- Demonstrated account management experience.
- Experience working in radio, news, comedy, or similar category.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to maintain and excel with multiple priorities and adapt in a quickly evolving environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a related role.
- BA/BS required.
Stitcher is reinventing radio as we know it, bringing the best of on demand audio content to listeners everywhere. Stream the latest in news, sports, talk, and entertainment to your mobile device anytime, anywhere. Stitcher is the easiest way to discover the best of over 15,000+ on-demand shows and live stations, with customized recommendations based on your listening activity. Stitcher is integrated with Ford, GM, Mercedes and BMW vehicles and has been downloaded over 9 million times.
Stitcher is located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and is backed by top-tier investors, including Benchmark Capital and NEA. Stitcher has a great team and is looking for people who are excited to change the future of radio.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits. Other perks include: a fully stocked kitchen, company-catered lunches every Friday, a foosball table in our break room, and flexible working hours.
Stitcher, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you have an interest in being part of a fun and exciting team, please send an e-mail with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
So, which job is likely to attract the better, more qualified candidate who will make a difference in the company and be personally fulfilled?