I Didn’t Die in 2013 and Other Great Things
It’s the time of year where I like to take stock. How’d we do? At Larry Gifford Media this burgeoning empire based on a blog, we – and by “we” I mean I – had a great year and I appreciate all the support. Just last week the blog hit a milestone of 25,000 page views. 10,000 of those coming in 2013.
THE WORLD IS WATCHING
When you dig into the numbers, visitors to the blog originate from 88 different countries. The most hits come from the USA, followed by UK, Canada, South Africa and Greece. (Side note: I’ve been to US, Canada and UK this year – looking for invites from friends in South Africa and Greece – hint, hint.)
SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING…
How are people finding the blog? Knowing this can be disturbing and fun.
Somebody searched “larry gifford obit june 2013” – Apparently, someone thought I died – or wished I had. That person was either heartened or bummed upon discovering I was alive and well. Another searched, “you’re mean go away cat.” And for some reason the blog popped up for this search “if you spill something on yourself chance you’ll miss ‘mary tyler moore.’” I have to believe the people searching those terms were very frustrated in what they found. Hopefully that wasn’t the case for everyone.
I find people’s names attract the most people to the blog. Here are the top 13 search terms used to find LarryGifford.com
- ways in which radio has embraced social media
- tom leykis
- steak shapiro
- larry gifford
- the nba
- keep looking up because that’s where it’s at (Kidd Kraddick)
- jim cutler voice over
- lex and terry fired
- life is good radio
- paula deen parodies
- jimi hendrix vocal range
- bruce gilbert fox sports radio
In the coming days I’ll be unveiling the top 25 blog posts of the year.
Here are #25 through #16
DON’T JUST READ, LISTEN TO ME
This year I also launched THE RADIO STUFF PODCAST with co-host Deb Slater this year. It’s been tons of fun and really interesting. A couple of the blog posts listed above were inspired by podcast segments. It’s been great flexing my “hosting” muscles again and extremely rewarding talking to so many interesting and remarkable people around the world who make radio so special.
Thanks to you and everyone who has read, listened, talked about, shared, liked, commented, or agreed to be interviewed. Wishing you and yours a great holiday and a safe, happy, ratings-filled 2014!!
Welcome to Larry Gifford Media
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things To Make You Better Than Everyone Else
- Radio Co-Host Confession
- Six Tips for Co-Hosting a Radio Show or Podcast
- The Real Difference Between Colin Cowherd & Dan Patrick
- 4 Principles for Creating Memorable and Impactful Radio Show Content
- Six Pointers for Writing Radio Promos and Imaging
- Test Driving A New Sports Radio Show Prep Service
- Look Who’s Talking: Jim Cutler
- Five Apps All Radio People Should Use
- The Changing Tone of Sports Radio
- Christy Clark addressing reporters after #BCdebate2017 @CKNW https://t.co/U2osg55i3L 3 hours ago
- John Horgan addresses press after #BCdebate2017 @CKNW https://t.co/0esU5aXYKE 3 hours ago
- Green Party candidate Andrew Weaver, "we believe in finding solutions to problems" @CKNW https://t.co/OVyNxSI0dz 3 hours ago
- .@JJLye980 at the Andrew Weaver presser after #BCdebate2017 @CKNW https://t.co/grHzq0Udsj 3 hours ago
- .@keithbaldrey questioning Andrew Weaver after #BCdebate2017 @GlobalBC @CKNW https://t.co/Tv4L34z1fI 3 hours ago