Counting Down the Top Posts of 2013 #15 to #6
As the New Year approaches we continue the 2013 Count Down of the year’s top blog posts (#25 to #16 here). Interesting to note, one of the blog posts below (#12) was written and posted in October 2010, yet still gets tons of traffic each year. Another (#15) was posted in May 2012.
Despite being posted in May 2012, this post detailing the relationship and partnership of Seattle sports talkers Brock Huard and Mike Salk was popular, because Salk left the show for a gig in Boston this year.
Observations of a radio guy seeing signs of how the internet has hi-jacked the brand of “radio” that the industry has developed and earned through decades of blood, sweat and tears of building relationships with listeners.
Oh, Paula Deen…
Profiling one of the best voice artists in the world.
I offer a response to a host’s open letter in Talkers about his producer and I offer 20 Tips on being a more effective producer.
In the wake of my resignation from KIRO Radio, I offer some observations. “Too often, I hear employees (hosts, producers, board ops, etc) want more, expect more, and demand more, but are unwilling to change to get it. There’s an overwhelming sense of entitlement in our business from the newcomers to the veterans…”
Real audio from a real panelist fed up with PPM.
One reason why traditional radio stations are having trouble attracting young, creative talent.
A growing list of must-bookmark websites.
The inspiration for this comes from a sports radio chat on twitter (#srchat). The question — what are your biggest pet-peeves of sports talk radio? — was posed to everyone on the chat including special guest Clear Channel’s VP of Sports Bruce Gilbert. I’ve taken their answers and turned-them-inside-out like a secret decoder ring to unveil the keys to sports radio success.
The top 5 posts of 2013 will be unveiled next week!
Welcome to Larry Gifford Media
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things To Make You Better Than Everyone Else
- 4 Principles for Creating Memorable and Impactful Radio Show Content
- Arbitron Panelist,"F--- this!"
- The Real Difference Between Colin Cowherd & Dan Patrick
- Wanted: A Passionate Disruptor or a Computer Literate Promo Assistant
- The Free Fall of Talk Radio
- But is there invisible treasure map on the back of it? twitter.com/cnn/status/858… 9 hours ago
- Congratulations to all involved! twitter.com/kentonboston/s… 12 hours ago
- Nuts. #NHLDraftLottery #Canucks 14 hours ago
- RT @drex: LISTEN: @FlixAnon EP:24 @theStevilDead & @TrevDueck A @CKNW Original Podcast omny.fm/shows/cknw-ori… #AlienCovenant #movies #Movi… 21 hours ago
- I subscribe to this. Always a good listen. twitter.com/cknw/status/85… 1 day ago