Radio Stuff “Radio News Quiz” – Week 2
The Weekly Radio Stuff “Radio News Quiz.” Each week in the Radio Stuff podcast I offer up 10 questions about this week in radio news. You can listen to the quiz and answers here or read them below and click on links to stories to reveal the answers. Good Luck!
LET THE QUIZ BEGIN!
1. What superstar singer decided to release his first new song in a longtime on RADIO first this week? (A: Click here)
2. At one point, he was the most listened to morning man in the U-S, this week his Spanish language show on SiriusXM was canceled. Who is he? (A: Click here)
3. The Mike Calta Show debuted this week on 102.5 The Bone in Tampa. What controversial host did he replace? (A: Click here)
4. KIIS 106.5, the home of Australia’s Kyle & Jackie O, removed WHAT from the station website this week, but may face legal challenges anyway? (A: Click here)
5. For 32 years, he’s been David Letterman’s band leader. At the end of this year Letterman is retiring, but this man promises to keep doing his radio show “Day in Rock.” Who is he? (A: Click here)
6. Over Labor Day weekend, Radio Station WDRC-FM in Hartford gave away hundreds of dollars away in a unique promotion. No one knew that a radio station was involved, until it was over. What did they do? (A: Click here)
7, What lightning rod ESPN TV host left his ESPN Radio Show in New York to join SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio this week? (A: Click here)
8. Which interview conducted by Nick Grimshaw on BBC Radio 1 this week went viral? (A: Click here)
9. What former Playboy centerfold, who just married Donnie Wahlberg last weekend, now has her own show on SiriusXM titled “Dirty, Sexy, Funny?” (A: Click here)
10. For several minutes Scottish radio host Robin Galloway thought he was off air, he couldn’t hear his co-host and his producer feared for his job. What happened? (A: Click here)
How many did you get correct?
1-3 – A participation certificate
4-6 – A gold star!
7-8 – You’re pretty smart
9-10 – Way to go! (virtual pat on the back)