Top 10 Lessons Radio Can Take from David Letterman
Top 10 Lessons Radio Can Take from David Letterman (as heard on Episode 102 of the Radio Stuff Podcast)
10. People like lists.
9. Try new things. Crazy things. Challenge conventional wisdom.
8. Surround yourself with a team you trust.
7. Sometimes you have to leave a job to find greater success.
6. Produce. Plan. Prepare. Script. Rehearse. And then do what feels right in the moment.
5. Bring guests into your world. Own your interviews.
4. Don’t be afraid to fail.
3. Self-deprecation is an effective tool to win over an audience.
2. Surprise the audience.
1. Even a kid from small town Indiana can be a big time talk host.
Subscribe to the Larry Gifford Media “Radio Stuff” email and each Tuesday you’ll receive an email with all sorts of stuff about radio. Sign up here.